Industrial Product Design and Development
At Integrated Design Systems, we’ll never forget our first love: industrial design. After all, we’ve built our company on it. We’ve staked our reputation on it. And since 1983, it’s been an integral part of virtually every one of thousands of commercial design projects, from startup companies to multinational corporations.
As product designers, we’ve embraced best practices in medical products, in analytical and testing equipment, in plastic product design, in human factors and ergonomics, as well as in aesthetics and product branding. Today, we’re one of the few firms with this breadth of expertise and depth of deliverables showcased in our company’s extensive design portfolio.
Whether it’s for a new client or for current clients, Integrated Design Systems creates products by leveraging our competitive advantage of providing aesthetically attractive, functional, cost-effective designs based on optimized materials and manufacturing methods that match clients’ budgets.
With all of this, we’re proud that 90% of our commercial design clients continue to work with us, and that new clients look forward to what we can bring to the table––by transforming your ideas from concept to reality.
Systematic and Innovative Product Development
We follow a product development framework that generates winning products regardless of the niche or complexity of the proposed projects. Under the expert guidance of our project managers, we develop brand-new industrial designs or improve existing products to solve a need, improve end-users’ experience, or increase our clients’ sales and brand recognition.
You can count on Integrated Design Systems to explore possibilities when options are scant and to innovate where options are few. We bring nearly 40 years of product development experience to the table and offer a host of industrial design services.
As a full-service industrial design and development firm, we can perform the following services:
- Project Research – We gather accurate and relevant data straight from your target markets and production facilities.
- Concept Development – We combine facts (research data) and creativity (innovations) to come up with feasible product concepts.
- Concept Refinement – We present the best concepts, get your input, and decide which projects to push through to development.
- Engineering Development – Our engineers, who have plenty of experience in various engineering disciplines, conduct structural and performance analysis using computer simulations.
- Production Detailing – We go deeper into the design process, from finalizing the form to identifying the details such as components (what parts to use), composition (what materials to use), and assembly (how to put everything together).
- Prototyping and Testing – We produce the first physical manifestation of the product design and build it such that it can be tested for form, durability, aesthetics, performance, etc.
- Project Documentation – We record and report every detail of the product design and development, including the first design drafts and prototyping procedure.
- Product Liaison – We conduct final tests and verifications to ensure that the final product can satisfy the end users.
Industrial product development requires exceptional project management, research resources, and an insight-driven approach in designing functions and user experience. We provide all these and more at Integrated Design Systems.
Industrial Design Portfolios
Industrial Design Portfolios
Let’s Get to Work
Do you have a promising idea for a new industrial product, but don’t have
the expertise or resources to get it off the ground?
Integrated Design Systems can provide them for you, even contribute ideas
to further improve your vision.
Whenever you’re ready to innovate, reach out to Integrated Design Systems
Call or fill out our contact form with your questions and consultation request.